Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A little thing called Anxiety, that's not so little ( hey this Blog is now in 3 countries) Keep it growing people

Chapter 4 
A Sample to tease 

Anxiety That Kills, Vs. Anxiety That Saves

Proverbs 29:25  The fear of man bringeth a snare: but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe.


Anxiety is something that appears to be growing faster than the national debt. In my years of counseling I have never seen anything like what I am seeing today. It’s not just in my practice but in all the churches that I am friendly with, and counseling associates. There are many things that are quite odd about this plague as I like to put it. For one thing it is how fast it is spreading and the nature of the anxiety itself.

 My associate that I use for all the medication needs of my patients is a state certified psychiatrist and we often share our perplexity over this plague upon the land. From teens to children, male and female, the only ones who seem to be somewhat immune to it is our elderly, which battle more with depression.

 Of the nature of the anxiety is what I find so fascinating because it’s a type of anxiety that is affecting those who have never had anxiety before. People who were once rock solid, be it Christian or non-Christian, are now feeling this twinge of what I like to call -(Something is coming anxiety, or SICA).

 It is not a fear of losing a job or getting cancer or what have you but a fear and unsettling feeling that impending doom is upon us. I have heard people say things like; “something is just not right, it is as if the earth or the cosmos changed its rotation”. Where once they had peace and looked forward to vacations, new jobs, fun-in-the-sun futures, and retirement now they have a sense of apprehension about things. 

I think Christians seem to have a better understanding as they have the Holy Spirit which is somehow poking them as if to warn them, yet of what they do not know. People are coming in and simply saying -”I am just not myself, things are not business as usual anymore”.  

We are going to spend some time on this SICA phenomenon and from there we will deal with the varied other forms of anxiety, what they are, what they mean, and what they can and cannot do to you. We will talk about panic attacks and what they are all about. Also we will talk about treatments; what works and doesn’t work. We will talk about the anxiety that cripples us and the anxiety that can actually help us. We will also discuss the symptoms of anxiety as they are often confused with other issues like depression. If they are confused, then mistreatment can happen, leading to more trouble than you started with. 

We will also go over diet and the simple steps you can take to speed up your recovery. Anxiety is a very complex beast and to beat it or at the least live with it takes some doing. Sometimes even mental health care providers miss the real nature of our anxieties and if they be not Christian they will certainly have a more difficult time understanding the spiritual aspect of it. So I ask you to follow along with me as we go through the quantum dynamics of anxiety- a monster from Satan or a messaging system from the Lord?

Whats your comment on this subject. 
Please share , comment or privately email me - depressionanxietygod@gmail.com    

PS thanks for all the support - this blog is not reaching 3 nations around the world. 

SR Kraniak 



No comments: