Tuesday, July 8, 2014

This Suicide solution MUST STOP, as another dear friend believes the lie.



In honor of Jen  P.   
Jan 13th 1982
to
 June 28 2014 
People

I write today to show you how a mess our world is getting. A dear young lady 32 years old took her life. She was a person that I counseled for a few years but was set on taking her life. Depression Anxiety it was too much and she made the one choice there is no coming back from. 
Now friends though I understand suicide because I have been at its dark door a few times myself, doesn't mean that it is the answer by any stretch. Suicide is a lie, a lie that the world is better off without you, that all your troubles could not be fixed or dealt with any other way.
 Though I dearly loved Jen  for her sweetness and person that she was how can I be but disappointed for her actions. She left her family and sister that need her so badly. Being also a minister I also had to perform her funeral which was one I never wanted to do, but............. I say but because Gods will and purpose cant be dwarfed by any power of man. See even though it was not Gods will for her to leave so soon It was His will that others through her death would see that it is not the answer and as they saw at her funeral that Christ is. 
So I praise you Lord for making lemonade out of lemons. For all those young people who came up to me after the funeral wanting to talk about their own pains. About their searching for God and truth. I thank you Lord that hundred of young people heard the Gospel truth, maybe for the first time.
 Lord let not Jens death be wasted but as you have been showing me , let it open up the flood gates for others who never understood depression and anxiety.  As I confessed to all there of my personal encounters with this monstrous lie they were amazed that a person would share such a thing. 
Well in honor of all of those who suffer, have suffered or will suffer - let us all remember that there is hope and a new day. I found it and praise be to God that I can help others. On a side note Jen was waiting for my 2 part books to come out on Depression and Anxiety but sadly she would not make the date. But instead what I am doing is dedicating my books to Jen. A very brave woman for many years but just not brave enough at the end. Oh dear friend and friends out there- let Jens death be the last one we ever hear of. Hold on till the sun comes up . Hold on just one more day and then one more. 

Pastor Scott Kraniak 

We miss you Jen 

No comments: