Monday, July 14, 2014

Another teaser sampler of the book - this is a sample of Chapter 10 - AFTER YOU ARE HEALED ( Yes it can happen )

Chapter 10
Simple steps before the leap of faith

2 Peter 1:10 “Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:”


Before we get into the simple steps to take to begin the healing process, I first want to speak a little bit about what you must do after you are healed. I know it seems backwards to some degree, but I also believe in praising the Lord for healing before it has even come. That is why I want to begin this chapter with the things you must know and understand after you are healed. This way we are showing the Lord that we know we will be healed and believe it to such a degree that we want to begin preparing for it even before it happens. The Lord likes that kind of faith. So with all that said, let’s look into the (after the fact) of post healing living.
One of the things I enjoy doing is building and rebuilding things. I like rebuilding trucks and cars that are old and beaten up as well as building things out of wood. To take for example something that is rusted, worn-out and falling apart and make it like new is a very fulfilling feat. With anything that requires rebuilding, there must be a counting of the cost and the planning of the process. In restoring an old vehicle you do not paint it before you make sure the engine is first running fine and the undercarriage is sound. This is also the same premise in rebuilding a life torn apart by depression and anxiety. Dear friends the facts are that with radical depression and anxiety it can leave you with a mild to severe case of post traumatic stress disorder commonly referred to as PTSD.  In simple terms, it’s the wounds that might have healed, but have not been forgotten. It is similar to a deep cut or incision from a surgery. The trauma to the body might be past and over, but the scar is forever there to remind you. Scars work two ways, one as a reminder of something you never want to forget or two as a reminder of something you want to forget but can’t. I don’t think that scars forming .............................................stay tuned for the rest when the book is out

depressionanxietygod@gmail.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HI, I'M MICHELLE I READ THE GIRLS BLOGS AND YES OF COURSE I WONDER WHY I DON'T HAVE A NORMAL LIFE. ANYWAY I DIDN'T KNOW IF I SHOULD START AT CHAPTER 10 SO. I WILL SAY THERE IS SO MUCH BATTLING GOING ON. THE ONLY REASON WHY I AM ALIVE IS CAUSE OF GOD'S WORD , LIKE THE PARABLE OF THE TALENTS . IF I AM THE ONE TALENT WHO AM I TO BURY MY SELF AT LEAST I CAN DO IS LIVE FOR THE LORD. OR IF I WANT TO SAVE MY LIFE I WILL LOOSE IT BUT IF I WILL LOOSE MY LIFE (MEANING LET GO OF WANT I WANT AND TRUST GOD ) FOR THE SAKE OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD I WILL SAVE IT. AND YES HE HAS SET ME APART. LIKE HE SAID IN ISAIAH.I HAVE FELT WAYS OF ENDING MY LIFE ONE A DESPERATION KIND ALMOST SORT OF LIKE A PANIC AND THEN A REBELLION KIND OF ENDING MY LIFE AS FOR ME EITHER WAY WON'T BE HAPPENING I FEAR THE LORD WAY TO MUCH AND KNOW WHAT CHRIST HAS DONE FOR ME BUT LIVING LIKE A GHOST ISN'T GOOD EITHER. I HAVE LIVED A LONG TIME. I HAVE FOUND VERY LITTLE JOY IN IT. EXCEPT WHEN I HAD MY THREE BOYS THEY ARE ALL OLDER NOW. I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN ROBBED BUT I ALSO HAVE TAKEN RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL OF MY SINS THAT HAVE CAUSED ANY LOSS. I HAVEN'T BEEN IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANYONE IN YEARS AND JUST WHEN I WAS GETTING REALLY CLOSE WITH JESUS A REAL SNAKE AND I DON'T MEAN THE BUMS WHO DIDN'T KNOW SCRIPTURE OR GO TO CHURCH I MEAN A REAL RELIGIOUS SPIRIT WITH ALL THE TRIMMINGS COULDN'T COME ANY OTHER WAY RIGHT. GOT ME AGAIN. NOW ALL THOSE FEELINGS ARE BACK AGAIN. REGRET, DISGUST LONELINESS I ALLOWED ONCE AGAIN MYSELF TO BE DISTRACTED AND SO ON AND SO ON CAUSE I WANTED SO MUCH TO BELIEVE AFTER ALL THAT WE SHARED THAT WHAT I WAS SEEING COULDN'T BE REAL NOT ANOTHER BETRAYAL NOT ANOTHER LIAR NOT ANOTHER SELFISH FALSE NO NOT NO NO NO NO I SHOULD OF SEEN IT. OH MY GOD. I AM SO SORRY I PUT MY GUARD DOWN I AM SO SORRY I CHASED AFTER HIM SORRY I GOT BITTER AGAIN CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME