Friday, July 7, 2017

Thee ALONE differential

Thee  ALONE differential 


If being Alone is the sickness
then
What is the cure ?


As we discussed last time we were together - that being alone is a big part of depression and anxiety. Sometimes being alone brings us to depression and anxiety. Doesn’t really matter , what matters is that depression and anxiety have a thin blue line running through them called loneliness. In many ways fear is rooted in being alone. Think about this; when your afraid of the dark, is it not because you are alone ? When your afraid of a new job or traveling or a new relationship, is it not because you don’t know how to handle these situations and if you just had “someone” besides you as your advocate it would make life allot easier. Many times in my profession of a counselor and one who suffers from anxiety and depression- I find that what most people want is for someone to take them by the hand and walk them through life. Someone to deal with all the issues for them. Someone to run interception and be there for all the fears and details of life. Someone to just come to your door and say- “High my name is Bob, I will be your personal advocate and from this day forward, I will be taking care of all your issues fears and concerns from this point forward. From paper work to getting you a job to helping you make tough choices. I will be your forever friend and someone you can trust. I will never leave you or forget you. I will be there when you get up in the morning and all through the day. Not one single minute of your life will I NOT be there for you. When you look to the left- I am there, when you look to the right I am there. I will hug you when you need one, and I will push you and encourage you when you need that to”. 

Now I bet already your feeling good just hearing this concept. I bet your saying like I am thinking -”Hum- that would be great to have someone like that, I would feel so much better knowing that- I am NOT ALONE”. 
Well anyway that’s the point I wanted to make today. The point that all we are feeling for the most part started with feeling alone. Started with being afraid because your alone. Its made worse because life is very scary and facing just one more day ALONE is too much to bare. Now I am not saying that Depression and Anxiety are not also caused by emotional , chemical, and genetic programming but what I am saying is that being ALONE is at the core of all our fears in regards to  this emotional state we are in.  Dear friend and “fellow” sufferer. I want you to really think about that imaginary person (Bob) I told you about. Think about having this person in your life who would carry you over the river and hold your hand when your not sure what to do. Even more this person would have the wisdom to know all the right things to say. They would know everything about you and what would always be in your best interest. I tell you friend - THIS IS what we all need. In fact we can not live this life on planet earth without that person. We are just too weak and frail to make it alone. 

Now the question is- can there really be such a person ? Maybe its someone you know but if your like me- every single person I trusted in to help me has let me down for the most part. No one is always there or even wants to help or can help if they wanted to. So finding this ( forever friend) seems like it wont happen in this world, and the point is its true. There is no one in this dimension and realm who can be that special friend. So the question is - where do we look ? Does one exist outside of time and space ? Maybe its an alien from another galaxy, or maybe some “being” from another planet. Maybe where we need to start looking for help is not found in this world but found in another. Well that would be great you might think but that’s crazy! There is no life out there unless maybe a UFO or something but that’s still just crazy. Well lets get off that idea for a while and instead spend some time Not looking for a super friend but instead lets spend some time star gazing, animal watching, nature looking. See I don’t know about you but I love animals. I love my little dog named buddy. I love flowers, grass, the mountains and the sky at night. I love the ocean and sand of the beach. I love summer and spring and I love birds that fly around. Sometimes I actually look at the birds and become jealous for their freedom and causal life. They have no past to think about and they don’t worry about the future. They just are and only live in the moment. No one owns them and yet somehow they are always taken care of. Someone feeds them and keeps them warm. They always seem to have a home and always seem to be happy. Hey - have you ever seen a depressed bird ? Have you ever saw a bird pacing around biting their fingernails ?  Anyway your assignment until our next session is- to look around and wonder. To look around and wonder about our planet, the animals, the tree’s . Even sit and look at your hand right now. Look at its incredible design and how it works so quickly. How the moment you think a move your hand is already doing that move. Think about your brain and its ability to control all your motor functions without you ever thinking of them. It JUST works and works without a beat.  Anyway I leave you with this thought -

“To be alone, is to live in pain, and to live in pain alone is to have no place left for joy to dwell”  SRK


SR Kraniak Th,B - M.M.C.C.

Check out my books on depression and anxiety on Amazon and at your local book store.

Follow us on Face Book..
Depression Anxiety and the Child of God
Depressionanxietygod@gmail.com 

No comments: